SUNSHINE COAST DRINK DRIVING LAWYERS
Drink driving (DUI) in the Sunshine Coast is one of the most common traffic offences causing people go to Magistrates Courts in the Sunshine Coast. People from all walks of life are charged with drink driving. The Magistrates Courts in the Sunshine Coast treat drink driving seriously, and this is reflected in the penalties. In some situations, a drink driving charge can cause a person to be sent to prison. In some circumstances, the law says the Court must send a person to jail.
DO YOU NEED YOUR LICENCE FOR WORK?
If you have been charged with a drink driving offence in the Sunshine Coast, you can apply to the Court for a work licence. A Work Licence will allow you to drive to and from work and for work related purposes. To find out more, click the button below.
PHONE US NOW ON
1800 529 000
FOR A FREE
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH A DRINK DRIVING OFFENCE ON THE SUNSHINE COAST?
If you are charged with a drink driving offence on the Sunshine Coast you need a Sunshine Coast drink driving lawyer. Friends or family may tell you a lawyer will not make any difference, but they are wrong. Being without a driver licence on the Sunshine Coast for a long time is difficult. You need your car to get around. If you are convicted of a drink driving offence, the Court will disqualify you from holding a driver licence for some time. The Sunshine Coast Magistrate hearing your case gets to decide on the penalty and disqualification they give you. There is no set penalty or disqualification period the Magistrate must impose. You need someone in your corner arguing for you to achieve you the best result.
HOW CAN OUR SUNSHINE COAST DRINK DRIVING LAWYERS HELP YOU?
- We will liaise with the Sunshine Coast Police Prosecutions on your behalf to get all the relevant material for your charge.
- We will provide you expert advice regarding your charge, including the likely penalty and disqualification period.
- We will give you a fixed, all-inclusive fee to appear in the Sunshine Coast Magistrates Court for you.
- You will get a seasoned drink driving lawyer representing you. The Sunshine Coast drink driving lawyer standing by your side in Court and speaking for you is an experienced advocate. They are confident, and know what to say in Court to achieve you the best outcome.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP REDUCE YOUR PENALTY AND DRIVER LICENCE DISQUALIFICATION?
When facing a drink driving charge on the Sunshine Coast, there are a couple of things you should consider doing:
- Getting character references from persons who know you well and can speak of your good general character. CLICK HERE FOR AN EXAMPLE CHARACTER REFERENCE.
- Complete a Traffic Offender Program. Completing a traffic offender program demonstrates to the court you are taking the charge seriously. The completion of the program also demonstrates rehabilitation, which is very important to the Court. There are a few options for traffic offender programs, and these are:
- The Queensland Traffic Offender’s Program (QTOP).
- Road Sense Australia’s Traffic Offender Program.
- SAVE – Traffic Offender Intervention Program.
WHICH MAGISTRATES COURTS DO OUR SUNSHINE COAST DRINK DRIVING LAWYERS APPEAR IN?
If you have a drink driving charge in any of the following Sunshine Coast Magistrates Courts, our drink driving lawyers can help you.
DO THE WISE
1800 529 000
Copyright © 2022 Craven Lawyers. All Rights Reserved. Individual liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
SUNSHINE COAST OFFICE
8 Pikki Street, Maroochydore QLD 4558
PHONE: 1800 LAW 000
(1800 529 000)
FAX: (07) 3054 7390