CLEVELAND DRINK DRIVING LAWYERS
Drink driving (DUI) in Cleveland is one of the most common traffic offences causing people go to the Cleveland Magistrates Court. People from all walks of life are charged with drink driving in Cleveland. The Cleveland Magistrates Court treats drink driving seriously, and this is reflected in the penalties. In some situations, a drink driving charge can cause a person to be sent to prison. In some circumstances, the law says the Court must send a person to jail.
DO YOU NEED YOUR LICENCE FOR WORK?
If you have been charged with a drink driving offence in Cleveland, you can apply to the Court for a Work Licence. A Work Licence will allow you to drive to and from work and for work related purposes. To find out more, click the button below.
PHONE US NOW ON
1800 529 000
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU ARE CHARGED WITH A DRINK DRIVING OFFENCE IN CLEVELAND?
If you are charged with a drink driving offence in Cleveland, you need a Cleveland drink driving lawyer. Friends or family may tell you a lawyer will not make any difference, but they are wrong. Being without a driver licence in Cleveland for a long time is difficult. You need your car to get around. If you are convicted of a drink driving offence, the Court will disqualify you from holding a driver licence for some time. The Cleveland Magistrate hearing your case gets to decide on the penalty and disqualification they give you. There is no set penalty or disqualification period the Magistrate must impose. You need someone in your corner arguing for you to achieve you the best result.
HOW CAN OUR CLEVELAND DRINK DRIVING LAWYERS HELP YOU?
- We will liaise with the Cleveland Police Prosecutions on your behalf to get all the relevant material for your charge.
- We will give you expert advice regarding your charge, including the likely penalty and disqualification period.
- We will give you a fixed, all-inclusive fee to appear in the Cleveland Magistrates Court for you.
- You will get a seasoned drink driving lawyer representing you. The Cleveland drink driving lawyer standing by your side in Court and speaking for you is an experienced advocate. They are confident, and know what to say in Court to achieve you the best outcome.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP REDUCE YOUR PENALTY AND DRIVER LICENCE DISQUALIFICATION?
When facing a drink driving charge in Cleveland, there are a couple of things you should consider doing:
- Getting character references from persons who know you well and can speak of your good general character.
- Completing a Traffic Offender Program. Completing a traffic offender program demonstrates to the court you are taking the charge seriously. The completion of the program also demonstrates rehabilitation, which is very important to the Court. There are a few options for traffic offender programs, and these are:
- The Queensland Traffic Offender’s Program (QTOP).
- Road Sense Australia’s Traffic Offender Program.
- SAVE – Traffic Offender Intervention Program.
WHERE IS THE CLEVELAND MAGISTRATES COURT?
The Cleveland Magistrates Court is located at 5 Middle Sreet, Cleveland QLD 4163.
WHAT IS THE PHONE NUMBER FOR THE CLEVELAND MAGISTRATES COURT?
DO THE WISE THING, CALL US NOW ON 1800 529 000!
Copyright © 2015 Craven Lawyers. All Rights Reserved. Individual liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
Level 54, 111 Eagle Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000
IPSWICH & SPRINGFIELD OFFICE
5/22 Magnolia Drive, Brookwater QLD 4300
GOLD COAST OFFICE
155 Varsity Parade, Varsity Lakes QLD 4227
SUNSHINE COAST OFFICE
8 Pikki Street, Maroochydore QLD 4558
PHONE: 1800 LAW 000
(1800 529 000)
FAX: (07) 3054 7390